Audit of following 2 Work Instructions was done in TM Shop. Report is as follows:-
Preparation of Motor assembly ( W 21.409):-
- Vevopal anti-rust coating on stator is not being done, instead anabond is being used. WI needs modification.
- Use of Ring Gauge as mentioned in para 3.13, 3.14 should be done.
- Dye transfer test as mentioned in para 3.15 of this WI should be done in all cases.
Reports from shed:-
BRC shed has reported some electrical failures in loco # 22917 same are being looked into.
ASN shed reported gauge widening in loco # HH-69-92. ( Despached in 2009) Record of same has been faxed to SrDEE TRS ASN.
Quality of crimpoing same was studied and inspected in detail today in the shop.
Following is recommended:-
- Pull out test schedule should be revised to once in 3 months.
- All crimping tools should be renewd after every year.
It was told that last year the main crimping machine was out of order. Some failures might have developed in locos manufactured during that time only.