Audit of following Work Instructions was done in TM Shop. Report is as follows:-
MIG welding, Shrink ring fitment and dispatch work of Rotor Assembly( W 21.405):-
Protection while welding to be done by Glass Mica sheets as mentioned in para 3.3 of this WI should be done. Can heats conducting metal sheets be used?
- Record of pre-heating current and temperature to be taken while pre-heating should be kept.
- Baking to 300 degrees for 4 hours after MIG welding as prescribed in para 3.10 of this WI is done.
- Proof turning and ultrasonic testing after baking as mentioned in para 3.11 of this WI should be done.
- Cleaning after proof turning as mentioned in para 3.12 of this WI should be done.
- Brazing of rotor bars on both sides as mentioned in para 3.13 of this WI should be done.
- Since so many steps are to be followed and rotor still works, WI modification should be carried out.
- Spray Painting of rotor after covering the groove with nomex paper as mentioned in para 3.20 of this WI should be done.