Audit of TM Shop #23 Work Instructions was started. Following WIs were audited :-
Stacking of Hitachi Commutator ( W23.027):-
- Triclorothylene solvent which is used to clean copper segments was checked for expiry date ( Mfd in 2008).
Jigs INJ-33 , INJ-34, INJ -106 were being sent for calibration.
- Instruction no 3.8 was not being followed ( use of the triangular block and 0.5 mm guage).
Static Pressing of Hitachi Commutator After Stacking (W23.028)
- Pressing Jig HITA/COM/6 was being sent for calibration.
- No of heating –cooling cycles and its duration (6hrs) could not be maintained as per instruction no 3.1
Alkyd varnish WI-294 was checked for expiry date.
- Production staff was made conversant with the steps to be followed in this WI.
- Gauges used for checking inner dia were sent for calibration.
Inner Dia was checked in the recently made commutator C8446 was found to be 276 mm ( within limit).