Audit of following Work Instructions was donein TM Shop. Report is as follows:-
Assembly of short circuit cage( W 21.404):-
- Initial insertion of 4 copper bars as mentioned in Para 3.5 of this WI should be followed in induction brazed rotors as evident from above snap.
- Press punching as mentioned in para 3.10 of this WI should be followed in practice.
- Due to non availability of copper bars and MIG welding plant defective 3 phase TN rotor assembly work is held up since more than 10 days.
- Steel tape binding as mentioned in para 3.15 of this WI should be done
- There are two types of rotors being manufactured:- MIG welded and Induction brazed. There is no WI issued for the latter.
- Knowledge of this WI is ok among the staff.
BRC shed has further reported failure of Harmonic filter contactor air pipe. Same forwarded to Production and design.